How well have you protected yourself?
Explore your life and health insurance options
Life is unpredictable. Insurance transfers financial risks for those who qualify.
Disability: Protect your income when you can't work
You don't need scary statistics to know the value of getting suitable disability insurance, especially when you're starting your medical practice.
Disability insurance is the most complex form of health insurance. You can't buy on price — highest or lowest. Service and claims adjudication are essential considerations but how can you decide? The contract definitions differ among companies.
While disability insurance is very valuable, you'll have difficulty finding coverage. That's not because of your health. The bigger challenges are:
- limited availability: very few insurers have products
- limited knowledge: advisors are not required to understand the intricacies
- limited access: very few advisors offer this type of coverage
The Medical Student Offer (MSO) from RBC Insurance
3. Why Act Now?
With the exclusive Medical Student Offer from RBC1 you may qualify for special coverage with generous benefits:
- no financial underwriting: you do not need to prove you have sufficient income
- simplified medical underwriting: no medical examination or body fluids required
- future increases in coverage regardless of your health: you justify the increase and pay for the additional coverage
- tax-free benefits: payable monthly up to age 65 after a 90 day elimination period
- discounts: save 25% on your premium and any future increases purchased with the optional Future Income Option (FIO) rider
- premium holiday: have your initial premiums waived
- medical students: 12 months
- residents and fellows: 5 months
Here are the maximum tax-free monthly benefits based on your status2 on October 1, 2016:
|Status||1st Yr||2nd Yr||3rd Yr||4th Yr||Residency / Fellowship||1st Yr Of Practice|
You must be in good health, with no pre-existing conditions within the previous 24 months.
Here are details:
- Overview (PDF): includes FAQ
- Sample contract (PDF): worth reviewing since this is what you're getting
- The simplified application form (PDF): if you don't qualify, you may be eligible for other products
Note: There are time limits to apply. This offer ends when you complete your medical residency or fellowship.
Getting disability insurance is quick and convenient.
- Explore: Understand your options via a cloud meeting, and finetune costs until you are satisfied.
- Apply: Complete the application (PDF) and see what you qualify to get.
- Relax: During the policy delivery, we'll review your contract and activate your protection.
You'll have the opportunity to ask questions throughout.
Click to pick: Arrange A Chat