What you need to know for a smooth experience
Applications from some insurers ask more questions than others. It's better to be over-prepared. Even if the information doesn't come up during our meeting, it's good to have it ready if a paramedical exam is required (as it is in the majority of cases).
Information to have available:
- Any medical conditions you have, and, for each:
- Date of diagnosis
- Names of medication taken
- How long you've used each medication
- How you responded to the medication
- Any changes in medication taken, and why
- Any dates you have missed work or been hospitalized due to the condition
- Is the condition well managed (no complications)?
- Your height
- Your weight
- When the last time you used a tobacco, nicotine, or marijuana product was (if ever)
- Your doctor's name and clinic address and the reason for your latest visit